Baramulla, Jun 3: (GNS) Fire and Emergency Services Department has averted a fire tragedy in Haider Mohalla of Khanpora in Baramulla district Thursday evening.
Reports reaching GNS said that a fire broke out of gas leakage this evening in the residential house of one Farooq Ahmad Dar son of Ghulam Mohmmad in Haider Mohalla Khanpora. Following the spill, Fire and Emergency Services Department was intimated which soon after reached the spot with fire tenders to contain the fire. On being assisted by locals, the fire was put off in less than an hour.
However a room of the structure caught in the blaze is said to have suffered damage in the incident.
Confirming the incident an Fire and Emergency Services Department told GNS that men and machinery was rushed to the spot on a short notice, who with the assistance of local residents brought the blaze under control.
No human injury or loss was reported in the incident, the official added. (GNS)